Service Provider Infrastructure
Service provider infrastructure solutions: Delight as a Service (DaaS)
Could the as-a-service landscape be any more competitive? NetApp has the solutions to help you build profitable, differentiated cloud services that deliver what your customers demand (with delight).
Why NetApp for cloud and hosting provider solutions?
Build profitable, differentiated cloud services
NetApp® Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solutions help you scale up capacity to optimize your service delivery, achieve 100% uptime with zero maintenance windows, and safeguard customer data with integrated data-protection services.
Our Platform as a Service (PaaS) solutions help improve your customers’ business agility by enabling them to develop, deploy, and run applications faster, while reducing infrastructure risk.
NetApp® Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions are designed to deliver economies of scale with strong business outcomes and reliable, predictable application experiences.
Ensures Customer Satisfaction
Create and deliver innovative services for competitive advantage by scaling up capacity to optimize service delivery, and realizing complete systems automation and integration with existing orchestration tools. In addition, achieve 100% uptime with zero maintenance windows, and safeguard customer data with integrated data-protection services.
Deliver differentiated, profitable cloud services
NetApp IaaS solutions help you differentiate your hosted and managed IaaS services to increase service and platform revenue.
By consolidating multitenant mixed workloads and multiple applications on a single cluster, you can reduce management headaches and cut operational costs by up to 67%.
Predictable IaaS performance for every volume in business-critical applications, and the ability to deploy applications in minutes, not months, helps you meet increasing customer demands while winning new ones in the process.
Turn Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) into a profit center
Take advantage of new opportunities to differentiate and grow your services and platform revenues. Deliver more performance and predictability from your IaaS services, offer customers a competitive advantage, and reduce time to market for deploying IaaS solutions.
NetApp Program Benefits
Participants in the Fueled by NetApp program will have access to specialized productization resources to act as subject matter experts in storage product management. These resources will work with your product teams and provide assistance with solutions pricing, packaging, and SLA creation
Service provider AE and SE training programs
We believe that the more educated service providers’ account executives are about SolidFire storage, the more successful they will be in delivering the solution value proposition. Working with account executives and field sales engineers, the SolidFire program manager will coordinate training as requested.
Go-to-market planning workshop
SolidFire’s distributed storage architecture opens up many new positioning and product opportunities to hosting services providers, so a key component of the Fueled by NetApp program is the go-to-market planning workshop. This planning workshop takes place on the customer premises and helps hosting providers understand the financial possibilities offered by implementing NetApp SolidFire storage.
Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR)
Measurement of success is key to our partnership. Your account executive, your sales engineer, and the SolidFire program manager will work with you quarterly to ensure you are receiving the support that you need to deliver your Fueled by NetApp solutions. In the QBR we also develop a quarterly plan for co-marketing activities and lead-generation programs.
Streamline operations to free up resources
Reduce management headaches and cut operational costs up to 67% by consolidating multitenant mixed workloads and multiple applications on a single cluster. Avoid up to 93% of storage performance-related issues, spend 12x less time scaling your storage to meet your growth, and deploy virtual machines (VMs) up to 15x faster.
For the service provider, being able to horizontally expand compute and storage resources across the entire data center — in a nondisruptive manner — is an essential element to meet the customer requirement of providing resources on-demand. The wNGDC model meets this need by using a heterogeneous scale-out architecture that allows independent storage and performance pools to be transparently created and linearly scaled to meet customer expectations (e.g.. no interruption of service, no offline maintenance). With this element in place, the need for service providers to project business needs two, three, or even five years out becomes a non issue with the scale-out architecture expanding incrementally as customer requirements change
Guaranteed, Predictable Performance
Raw performance is a key component of the wNGDC, but it is not the “silver bullet” to solve all woes. End users are looking for guaranteed performance; the combination of raw performance and comprehensive Quality of Service (QoS) controls that can be applied granularly to individual applications across the entire storage array. Application stability requires that resources such as CPU, memory, bandwidth, and storage capabilities are all dynamically managed — this includes the control of both maximum and minimum performance levels. When guaranteed performance is implemented, the wNGDC can better monetize available storage by hosting multiple applications in a multitenant environment — yet providing the predictable user experience of a single-application, single-tenant architecture.
The core business goal of service providers is to enable innovation and enterprise growth. The automation of manual tasks and orchestration of workflows is a fundamental requirement for service providers if SLAs are to be met when operating at scale. The wNGDC architecture employs extensive software automation and comprehensive APIs to handle the traditionally mundane or manual tasks of the data center and thus changes the paradigm of physical hardware limitations to the almost limitless design capabilities of software. The automation harnessed by the service
Engineering the next generation data center for data assurance can be likened to designing buildings for earthquakes; there is no building that is guaranteed to withstand all earthquake activity, but earthquake-resistant structural design dramatically reduces the probability of disaster. With this in mind, wNGDC architects plan for failure while mitigating its likelihood of occurrence by implementing a self-healing, fault-tolerant, shared-nothing architecture — one that can transparently rebuild drives in a matter of minutes or an entire node in less than an hour … and not losing high availability of data in the process.
The traditional data center model was built on the premise that more capabilities would require more resources — whether they be physical, financial, or human. In a service provider’s wNGDC, this premise is not necessarily true. Enabling global efficiencies through the implementation of compression, in-line deduplication, and thin provisioning allows service providers to improve utilization and purchase less storage. More capabilities doesn’t necessarily mean needing more resources.
Win more customers with predictable, guaranteed service
Attract more customer applications by delivering guaranteed storage quality of service for production IaaS environments. Deliver predictable IaaS performance for every volume in business-critical applications, and deploy applications in minutes, not months, to meet increasing customer demands.
12 key insights and recommendations to build a successful next generation data center strategy
- Next generation data center customers require next-generation thinking
- Enterprise IT wants to choose service providers that can help them attain technology-driven business outcomes using language like profitability, differentiation, business value, operational efficiency, business acceleration, and other like terms
- Being everything to everyone will not be a successful future cloud strategy
- Understand your customers, their applications, and their unique business objectives and outcome requirements Use your infrastructure portfolio to build them their unique solution
- Enterprise IT has changed. IT does not own the budget anymore The application owner has the budget, so build your NGDC services to support the technical and the business requirements of the application owner
- Understand the application demands and environments that the application owners are running and build related services to make it easier for them. Can you give them access to your “Infrastructure API” to make their DevOps process more agile? Do your support teams understand Chef, Puppet, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.?
- Multicloud strategies are all the rage it seems. Focusing on the applications and the business outcomes driven by those applications is key. Understand why they want to use a multicloud strategy, and message your sales solutions to appeal to the buyer. E.g., “Let us choose the right place to host your application; we will the give you the same SLA, availability guarantee whether it’s on AWS, Azure, or your own cloud platform. We make it easier, reducing the migration stress so you can focus on your core business and achieve the growth goals your board is demanding.”
- The application focus, rather than the speeds and feeds technology focus, parallels perfectly with the enterprise IT shift away from Mode 1 toward Mode 2 or 3rd Platform
- Many service providers looking to build object storage=based services such as Analytics as a Service, IOT as a Service, or Big Data as a Service to attract stickier workloads.
- Build cloud and hosting platforms that are always on the front end of the trend cycle to enable your prospects and customers to develop their applications with the latest functionality.
- Understand your customers—period. Survey them. Call them. Talk to them. Understand what they are hosting with you and why (and what they are not hosting with you and why). Understand what they might move to you if you had the ability to support it.
- Product management 101.
Reduce financial risk in public, private, or managed IaaS hosting
Align expenses and IaaS revenue with a scale-out architecture that grows easily without downtime or forklift upgrades. Stop overprovisioning capacity to get better performance, remove unused or stranded storage assets, and reduce the cost and complexity of managing public IaaS environments.
Quality of Service (QoS)
NetApp HCI contains sophisticated QoS settings that eliminate resource contention and variable application performance caused by noisy neighbors. Each user can be configured with minimum, maximum, and burst settings, providing predictable performance for each application without incurring the capacity sprawl and low utilization that are common with other hyper converged infrastructures.
Designed to be easy to deploy and to manage, NetApp HCI compute and storage resources are combined into a single shared resource pool using hypervisor technology. This simple, efficient design enables service providers to manage aggregated resources across individual nodes as a single federated platform. NetApp HCI consists of modular building blocks of compute and storage nodes that can be scaled independently by nondisruptively adding nodes to the infrastructure. In this way, service providers can provide the performance their users need to operate structured data applications, even as they scale.
NetApp HCI delivers self-healing resiliency, continuously accessible data, and a range of backup, restore, and disaster recovery options that are crucial in structured data environments. NetApp HCI provides native protection through Helix data redundancy, NetApp SnapMirror® replication across a Data Fabric, and third-party trusted integrations to keep data protected and safe.
The always-on data efficiencies of NetApp HCI maximize data capacity without performance penalty. Combining all-SSD (solid-state drive) performance with highly efficient data distribution and management, NetApp HCI efficiencies include embedded granular thin provisioning, multilayer data compression, and global data deduplication. These techniques solve traditional storage deficiencies, making flash at scale an economic reality for service providers, while delivering the superior performance necessary for structured data applications.
Improve customer satisfaction at every level
Happier customers sign longer agreements, bring on more workloads, and recommend your service to others. Delight customers by extending self-service control of your IaaS platform, and offer predictable performance with guaranteed SLAs.
Seamless and incremental growth
- SolidFire customers spend 12x less time scaling storage to meet business growth.
- 65% of SolidFire’s service provider customers made the move to SolidFire’s AFAs specifically to eliminate scaling challenges.
Consistent application performance
- 70% of SolidFire’s service provider customers moved to SolidFire to reduce performance problems.
- Up to 93% of storage performance issues are avoided with SolidFire.
- 88% of SolidFire’s service provider customers generate new revenue from their storage infrastructure by offering multiple tiers of performance to better meet customer application requirements.
- 65% of SolidFire’s service provider customers offer higher levels of service to customers with performance-based SLAs.
- 49% of SolidFire’s service provider customers differentiate their services with their SLAs.
Giving customers more for less
- 44% of SolidFire’s service provider customers automate 51% or more of their storage operations.
- Customers deploy VMs up to 15x faster.
Improves your customers’ business agility
Build a complete PaaS platform to deliver a superior customer development experience that enables your customers to develop, deploy, and run applications faster. Help your customers focus on building their applications—not the underlying infrastructure—while reducing risk.
Platform as a Service solutions: Simplified, streamlined deployment
Raise the level of your platform. NetApp® Platform as a service (PaaS) solutions help you build differentiating services, streamline your customer experience, and compress your customers’ time to market.
Why NetApp for Platform as a Service?
- NetApp Platform as a Service (PaaS) solutions help you build differentiating platform services that simplify your customer application-development cycle. Our storage technologies help reduce application development complexity, provide high-availability Infrastructure, support native multitenancy, and deliver web-scale storage.
- PaaS services built on NetApp technology can streamline your customer experience, avoid up to 93% of storage-performance–related issues, gain more control leveraging API-driven storage systems, improve overall developer efficiencies, and deploy VMs up to 15x faster.
Build differentiating platform-hosting services
Leverage NetApp® Platform-as-a-Service solutions to simplify your customer application-development cycle. Our storage technologies help reduce application development complexity, provide high-availability infrastructures, support native multitenancy, and deliver web-scale storage.
Streamline your customer experience
PaaS services built on NetApp technology enable your enterprise to adopt hybrid hosting services while accelerating your application-deployment time. Avoid up to 93% of storage-performance–related issues, gain more control leveraging API-driven storage systems, improve overall developer efficiencies, and deploy VMs up to 15x faster.
Software as a Service solutions: From insight to product, faster
NetApp® Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions shorten your application dev/test/deployment cycle so you can deliver your apps for less, realize a faster path to revenue, and engage and upsell new customers
Why NetApp for Software as a Service?
Simplifying and shortening the software development lifecycle
- NetApp Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions simplify application development, testing, and deployment to help you build cost-effective, highly scalable, automated cloud platforms for application delivery to thousands or millions of end users.
- We help you realize a faster path to revenue by enabling an agile software-as-a-service infrastructure to compress your software development lifecycle.
- And NetApp SaaS solutions help you attract and keep more customers using guaranteed quality of service to deliver predictable resources to your production application environments.
Deliver your apps for less
Build cost-effective, highly scalable, automated cloud platforms for application delivery to thousands or millions of end users. Provide more performance and predictability from your application infrastructure. Leverage extreme storage performance at massive scale. Slash time to market for your key applications. And cut your cost of goods sold (COGS).
Realize a faster path to revenue
Enable an agile software-as-a-service infrastructure to compress your software development lifecycle. Provide end-to-end automation, add new users without disruption, optimize your resource management, be portable and flexible, and ensure data privacy.
Engage and upsell new customers
Attract more customers using guaranteed quality of service to deliver predictable resources to your production application environments. Reduce customer churn, add differentiating value and close competitive gaps quickly, create a predictable and repeatable user experience, and balance company expenses and growth.