NetApp SolidFire Security Solutions
The All-Flash Array Built for the Next Generation Data Center
SolidFire all-flash storage: purpose-built private cloud
NetApp® SolidFire® all-flash storage allows you to be your own cloud service provider with simplified, API-driven storage at scale. Consolidate workloads with guaranteed performance, manage storage and compute independently, and make a next-generation software-defined data center (SDDC) your reality.
Why NetApp SolidFire?
Deliver powerful, scalable results
Bring the simplicity of the public cloud on premises so you can create an automated, self-service private cloud and provided data services on demand to your entire organization. NetApp SolidFire all-flash storage helps you get closer to the speed and simplicity of business in the cloud while keeping your data on premises.
As the foundation of your private cloud infrastructure, SolidFire enables dynamic scaling, predictable performance, automated simplicity, and flexible deployment, helping you meet the most demanding requirements in today’s competitive global economy. Powered by NetApp Element® software, SolidFire consistently delivers performance to hundreds of applications—even through boot storms and unplanned events—while providing agile, automated private cloud storage solutions for the modern SDDC.
Element software powers SolidFire to deliver a flexible, predictable, and automated storage system
- Offer policy-based application self-service for users with 15 times faster deployment of DevOps services and virtual machines.
- Manage your storage without deep storage expertise and with up to 67% less operating cost, reducing the cost of application development.
- Reduce risk of human error associated with complex administrative tasks.
- Future-proof your storage with an easier transition to a full SDDC.
- Get the same SolidFire scale-out storage capabilities and feature set regardless of the deployment method selected.
- Standardize the hardware across your data center with the software-defined storage (SDS) option.
- Guarantee performance for every workload.
- Manage performance in real time without affecting other volumes.
- Reduce cost and complexity by enabling hundreds of workloads to coexist on a single cluster.
- Eliminate 93% of performance-related storage problems
- Enjoy guaranteed storage efficiency with no decrease in performance impact.
- Adapt to changing business demands as needed by scaling capacity up or down, on demand, without disruption or downtime.
- Allocate and manage independent pools of performance and capacity to prevent overprovisioning and stranded assets.
- Spend up to 92% less administrative time managing the growth of storage.
|1U Storage Node NetApp Element software is also available as software-only, SolidFire Enterprise SDS, on pre-validated hardware configurations.|
|Drives||(12) 960GB 2.5" SSD||(12) 1.92TB 2.5” SSD||(12) 3.84TB 2.5” SSD|
|System Memory/Read Cache||256GB||512GB||704GB|
|Raw Capacity||11.52 TB||23.04 TB||46.08 TB|
|Performance per Node||100,000 IOPS|
|Networking||Data – (2) 10/25GbE iSCSI SFP28
Mgt – (2) 1GbE RJ45
|Typical Average Watts, depends on I/O load||353.1W||393.1W||423.1W|
|FIPS 140-2 Certified Node|
|Product Page||View More||View More||View More|
1. Each H610S storage node includes Element software and is available as an encrypted or non-encrypted appliance.
2. SolidFire Enterprise SDS is currently supported on HPE DL360 Gen 10.
3. SolidFire’s effective capacity calculation accounts for Helix data protection, system overhead and global efficiencies including compression, deduplication and thin provisioning. SolidFire customers typically achieve an effective capacity range of 5x to 10x the usable capacity depending on application workloads.